Cochlear Implant Experiences and Best Practise Tips
Cochlear implant devices are small, complex devices that can help provide a sense of sound to the user. Around for over 40 years, the technology is in use in many parts of the world. In this session, users and professionals will share their knowledge and experience with cochlear implants for adults as well as offer best practise tips.
Speakers for the session are:
- Ms. Lise Hemlin, Director of Public Policy, Hearing Loss Association of America
- Ms. Darja Pajk, Representative of the European Federation of Hard of Hearing People on the Consumer and Professional Advocacy Committee
- Dr. Naama Tsach (Ph.D.), Speech and Language Pathologist and Educational Audiologist
- Ms. Joanna Chio of the Philippines, a Graphics Designer and Cochlear Implant user
- Dr. Ruth Warick (Ph.D.), President of the International Federation of Hard of Hearing People
The session will be moderated by Mr. Avi Blau, Vice-President of IFHOH. Details follow:
Tuesday, 2nd of February 2021
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the webinar.
Realtime captioning will be provided.
To review the consensus paper in advance go to this link.
Special thanks to the International Disability Alliance for their support for this webcast and to Cochlear Limited and MED-EL for their support for the IFHOH CI Advocacy Project.