There are many opportunities for those vested in improving access to hearing health in the USA. The work to date has identified 5 focus areas in Hearing Health: Identification, Diagnosis, Motivation, Financial, and Treatment Pathways.
Each area will need to engage a network of people vested in working together to improve hearing health care. This network may include individuals from hospital systems, private practices, academia, industry, or societies. We are all stronger together!
- Further, participation in the Hearing Health Collaborative offers people additional benefits of interprofessional collaboration including:
- Opportunity to transform hearing health care
- Gain new ways of thinking about hearing health care issues and solutions
- Network with professionals from different practices, backgrounds, and organizations
- Gain new knowledge, and wisdom from others to improve hearing health care
- Potential to develop new skill sets
- Access to funding, sharing of costs (research)
- Pooling of knowledge for solving large, complex problems in hearing health that we have not previously been able to tackle alone or in smaller, uncoordinated efforts